Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Cars of Cuba

Me with a '57 Ford in Cuba

OK, I’ll admit it. This is probably just a guy thing. But I can’t help myself. One of the fun experiences while traveling around Cuba recently was seeing all the old cars of my youth cruising the boulevards of old Havana, Santiago de Cuba, and Cienfuegos.

It was a classic car collection I hadn’t seen anywhere else even at our McCormick’s antique car auctions here in Palm Springs. Most carriages of my past fantasies were in pristine condition even if their innards had probably been changed over a dozen times or more. Taxi rides were expensive so I just took as many photos as I could and let my mind go a wanderin'.




















And last but certainly not least, my one and only ‘put me to sleep’ dream that carried a young man through high school and well into college. A 1955 Chevrolet Bel Aire convertible.






No comments:

Post a Comment